means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site.
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 13 below.
means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Bill 2018 and EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and
means Barlows Electrical Retail LTD of Clifford House, Hampton Heath Industrial Estate, Malpas, SY14 8LU
Some Key points from this policy are:
- We Dont sell your data to third parties
- We Do make it as easy as possible for you to manage your data, Please contact us for more details
Depending upon your use of Our Site, or associated services, We may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data.
- age range
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to
We may market third party services (e.g. extended warranties, finance agreements) available through our site or in-store. If you choose to accept a third party service related to your order we will pass the relevant information to them. This could include your personal and order details. If required by law we will pass on your details to the relevant organisation.
What we do with this information:
- We keep your details (Excluding payment details) on file for our own record keeping.
- For warranty purposes
- We may use the information to send offers through (Such as email marketing, warranty quotes etc)
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12)
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact us
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation)
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes, and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
7. Registration Forms
Our sites registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name and email), and demographic information (like their postcode, age, or gender). Contact information from the registration forms is used for opt-in website updates. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings Demographic and profile data is also collected at our site. This information is used to tailor our site to the target audience.
We may occasionally run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like email address). Contact information from the contests is used for the same purposes mentioned above, in the Registration Forms section. The users contact information is also used to get in touch with the contest participant when necessary.
9. Contacting Barlows Electrical
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings at Barlows Electrical Retail LTD please get in touch with one of our senior members of staff who will be able to assist you.
At Barlows, we recognise your privacy is important, which is why the information we gather will only be used to process your order and to provide the best possible service. We will not pass your details onto any 3rd parties unless you have given us your permission to do so.
We will email you to inform you of details relating to your order and delivery. We will not email you in future unless you have given us your consent.